That's right, I went to see High School Musical 3: Senior Year today. And yes, I liked it.
I'm not gonna lie, I watched the previous two when they came onto the Disney channel. I'm a sucker for musicals, so naturally, I saw the third. I needed to know what happened to all of my favorite characters: Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay, etc...
And because Chris is on call today, (Happy New Year to me!) I went alone. Not that I could have convinced him to go with me. But, it was at the $2 theater...I couldn't resist.
Here are the things that I learned from watching the movie:
1. I didn't wear nearly enough dresses and/or heels in high school. Scratch that, I didn't wear any. But I was convinced that one of the reasons that Disney decided to release this to the big screen was so that Vanessa Hudgens could get away with some really short skirts (Really? You got up to shave your legs every morning in high school? I don't know about you, but my high school started way to early for that).
2. I didn't drink nearly enough tea from a tea cup while rehearsing the big duet for the school musical. Enough said.
3. I didn't spend enough time on the roof of the school (in the garden club's rooftop hideaway). Who knew that you could have so many romantic moments there (i.e. waltzing in the rain before school).
4. I didn't wander the halls of the high school after dark when I was conflicted about which direction I should take my life. Apparently some of life's most important answers come while on the stage of the auditorium (i.e. basketball or theater?).
5. Apparently Albuquerque is green and verdant like the valley of Salt Lake. Ya, right. There is no place on earth I dislike more than Albuquerque (no offense if you are from there). But, I didn't fall for their lie. You can't fool me Disney.
There are so many important lessons to learn from this film. I suggest you all go and see it so that you can realize your dreams. Also? You might be privileged (like I was) to hear the little girls in the audience singing along to all of the songs.