Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 39! Yikes!

I had my last day of work last Friday; it was a really strange feeling to just walk away at the end of the day, knowing that I'm done teaching as long as I want to be done teaching. Chris kept asking me if I was going to get bored this week at home, but he fails to realize that this is the last time I will ever have to just be bored. No obligations to anyone (other than the pets) or anything (other than running some errands, etc.).

Monday I made sure to get my Mani/Pedi because no one wants to give birth with ugly feet. I also cleaned, which at this point means that I vacuumed and dusted. I did make it to a few stores, including another trip to Buy Buy Baby because Chris decided that having a manly diaper bag was important to him. So now we have two.

Tuesday I had my 39 week appointment--no major developments, but they are being very gentle when checking me because I am one of few women that really wants this baby to stay in a little longer. Chris has his last call on Friday, so if this baby could hold on until at least Sunday, that would be great! The doctor thinks that I will go sometime next week.

Yesterday I went to the Matthews Police Department for help installing our car seat correctly; as it turns out, those things are tricky. The backseat is now very full, and Scout isn't sure she likes her new small space squeezed next to the window. While I was getting my car seat installed, one of the officers noticed that my registration was expired. I think because I was there doing a good thing, they took pity on me and didn't write me a ticket even though they should have--the registration expired last May!!! Needless to say, I stopped to get an inspection on my way home, and then I renewed my registration online last night.

But I'm sure I will get pulled over for the expired tags until the new ones come in the mail. Maybe on my way to the hospital--that would be fun!

Here are pictures of the completed nursery:



2 comments:

Kimba said...

caleb thought he was going to want a "manly" diaper bag, but the thought of transferring all the baby crap from one bag to another deterred him. my bag isn't too girly, which helps. still, i get a smile on my face every time i see him carry it at church.

love the nursery!

~Ali said...

The nursery looks cute! I can't wait to see your little one. I hope things go well. Good luck.

And Chris wants a diaper bag? So does that mean he's going to be changing a lot of the diapers too?