Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is it winter in your church building?

As I stood there looking in my mirror before leaving for church, I thought to myself: "Self, maybe you should wear something warmer in case it gets cold in church." But then I realized I was already wearing a long sleeve shirt, and that adding a winter coat or thick tights might look bizarre when it is perfect fall weather outside.

I regret that I didn't trust my first instinct because I'm pretty sure it was below freezing in there today. It made me re-think something.

I used to keep my classroom really cold on test days for two reasons.

#1 Lots of teenage bodies in one room all day can get smelly.
#2 I thought it would keep them more alert.

But I realized today that when I'm cold, I can't even concentrate. I asked a stupid question that had already been answered because I was too cold to hear it the first time.

These are the times when I need to be pregnant. I hear that keeps you warm.

2 comments:

The Jacksons said...

You are funny. How are you guys? When are you coming out here next?

Kimba said...

It does, fyi. Pray you're not pregnant in the summer. 'Tis unbearable...