Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is it winter in your church building?

As I stood there looking in my mirror before leaving for church, I thought to myself: "Self, maybe you should wear something warmer in case it gets cold in church." But then I realized I was already wearing a long sleeve shirt, and that adding a winter coat or thick tights might look bizarre when it is perfect fall weather outside.

I regret that I didn't trust my first instinct because I'm pretty sure it was below freezing in there today. It made me re-think something.

I used to keep my classroom really cold on test days for two reasons.

#1 Lots of teenage bodies in one room all day can get smelly.
#2 I thought it would keep them more alert.

But I realized today that when I'm cold, I can't even concentrate. I asked a stupid question that had already been answered because I was too cold to hear it the first time.

These are the times when I need to be pregnant. I hear that keeps you warm.

2 comments:

k.young said...

You are funny. How are you guys? When are you coming out here next?

Kimba said...

It does, fyi. Pray you're not pregnant in the summer. 'Tis unbearable...