Saturday, October 4, 2008

Washington DC--Day One

I have decided to post our DC trip in sections. Each post will be a different day of our trip. I figure no one will read a really long post anyway. I look out know my audience (however small it may be).

One of my friends recently went to DC and told me about a Jim Henson exhibit at the Smithsonian. So naturally, I made that our first stop out of the metro station. It was really cool because there were lots of original sketches from all of Henson's creations.

But what was even cooler was that there were some actual puppets. There were lots of signs saying "No photography," but we couldn't resist. The pictures aren't as focused as we would like them to be, but it's the best we could do while trying to hide the camera in our bag.

Me with Bert and Ernie. You can't tell from the picture, but I am really happy here!


Chris with the original Kermit the Frog.

Our next stop was the Air and Space Museum. Not really my cup of tea, but you have to go while in DC. I was really saddened when we got to this exhibit only to see that they had taken down Pluto's sign.

So I made my own.

Next, we toured the Capitol Building. Chris took lots of pictures inside, but I didn't want to post too many online. Perhaps he will.

That might be it for tonight. My bed is calling me. Slowly but surely I will get everything from our trip on here.

1 comment:

~Ali said...

Love the pictures. I would love to go to D.C. It seems like such a cool place to visit.