Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ice Cream or Hot Chocolate?

 

Chris and I have been working on a night-time routine to help Miles, and part of that routine is taking a walk around the neighborhood with the dog before bath time. We don’t always do this because it is usually 90 degrees and like 70 % humidity, but we try.

On tonight’s walk, we were on the sidewalk that butts up to an apartment complex. (Side note: there are two streets that are supposed to connect our two “neighborhoods” that have been blocked off. At first, we weren’t sure if we were trying to keep them out or if they were trying to keep us out. We know now. It’s us trying to keep them out.) Driving around in their parking lots was an ice cream truck playing “Do, Re, Mi” from The Sound of Music. I thought it an odd choice for ice cream, but I sang a few bars anyhow.

The next song?

“O, Come All Ye Faithful.”

Followed by “Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”

Chris thought maybe the driver gets really sick of the same songs. Perhaps. But I know hearing Christmas carols definitely does not put me in the mood for ice cream.

But hot chocolate I could do if it wouldn't make me absolutely melt.

No comments: