Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fail

I still have two months until I can officially take Miles to nursery at church…and yes, I am counting down. It will be nice to feel like going to church is actually worthwhile. And if I’m being honest, I must admit that on Sundays that Chris isn’t with us, we often leave early.

But a few weeks ago I thought maybe if Miles had a super cool toy that he can only play with at church, he would be so enchanted, that I would actually get to pay attention. So as per usual, we took a trip to Target on Saturday (not that we don’t also go on other days) to pick out a toy. Unfortunately, there aren’t many toys that are small enough to fit in my bag and also quiet. I ended up with something that he didn’t care about at all.

But today I had a better idea: coloring! There was another little boy at church with Crayola markers that only color on their own paper. Expensive? Yes. But if it will keep him entertained…totally worth it. But while we were in the Crayola section, I also saw the little markers and crayons that are supposed to be perfect for little hands. I tried to first stand him at the dining room table and help him color, but he kept pushing the chair back. And when the marker starting bleeding all over my table, I moved him to his high chair. Here’s what he thought of them…

006

I’m not sure why he was so upset by the idea of coloring, but every time I tried to help him, he screamed at me.

010

But the paper was pretty cool.

016

And these were put away for later.

But I know what will always make him happy: ROCKS!

022

And just for good measure, here is a picture of just how cute my little man is.

003

1 comment:

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

Hi Jenny! Glad YOU had a fun coloring session at least! cute boy! i havne't looked at pics in a while. he's so big!